Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life as a Nanny



Meet the 3 new men in my life...


For the summer I accepted a job as a nanny for 3 boys. Now let me tell you this... they are 3 very hyperactive boys. Don't get me wrong they have their sweet moments, but the odd time I want to push them into garbage cans. Their names are (in order of the picture) Eli (4), Sam (8) and Maxx (6).

So I do have to admit that I might have a favourite and that would be Eli. Look at this little face! could you EVER get mad at this. Well there are a few times when I do get mad at him, but then he gives me a cute face like this one and I melt. This boy has a major hold on my! Many boys have some competition. My mom told me one day that I should just wait 20 years. Really Jo?! He is just so precious. Sometimes when his brothers just not cooperating with me and I get super frustrated with him, I'll ask him to do something so simple like put his shoes away and he just looks at him like its not a big deal and says, "Ok! Sure!". I know it doesn't sound like anything but it really makes me so happy! I spend the most time with this little bugger! One time when we came over to my house for a visit, my sister Jessica was eating some cake from the night before, and Eli wanted to know where she got it because he LOVES candy and won't stop eating it until he honestly pukes. So he proceeds to ask Jessica where she got the cake and she tells him, "I got it from the Magical Dresser of Chocolate." Well since then every time he comes over, he is constantly looking for the "Magical Dresser". Thanks Jess! There are just a few things that I just think are fun about Eli. We spent all day together today and we just played all day. For lunch today we had a picnic of Macdonald's outside and took the dogs for a walk. It was a good day today! He is just the cutest little kid EVER!

Well this past weekend I took the boys up to the Calgary Zoo. I met my mom and 2 brothers up there, so I would have some extra help, which was well needed. After we walked through the entire zoo, and everyone was exhausted, my mom said to me in the car that she was really impressed with the way I dealt with the boys, and that one day I would make a fabulous mother. Since then I have really thought about being a mom. I always knew that I would have my own kids, but now that I have had some experience of it, I'm really excited to be a mom and starting with a brand new baby. The thought of pregnancy used to make me cringe just a little because of everything your body goes through, but after thinking about that new little life that you created coming into this world is just absolutely amazing! I don't know fully what it feels like to be a mother, but I do truly love those 3 little boys even when I feel like putting them into garbage cans or leaving them on the side of the road.

Anyways, I have many more stories
I just need to get to bed or else it'll
be a LONG day tomorrow.

- Nanny Kels

1 comment:

  1. Aawww! cute post Nanny Kels! Kids are definitely something else. I think you'll make a great Mom too! Who knows, maybe when I'm ready to have my next, you might be ready too! That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete