Sunday, July 25, 2010

The "M" word.

Lately I have been thinking about marriage a lot. Usually you would never hear, see, or find me talking about marriage let alone thinking about it. But my brother is getting married at the beginning of September and now I'm starting to get the marriage buzz? Don't get me wrong I am VERY excited for the day when I can stop looking for someone and just be with my man for the rest of my life. But why is finding "my man" so hard?! I don't understand why he won't just walk into my life and sweep me off my feet and take to me a castle where I can live the rest of my life like a queen...? I know life truly isn't like the Disney movies I have watched as a child, but a girl can dream right? Or does it happen like that? I don't know for sure. Marriage is kind of a scary thought for someone like me, who doesn't really know exactly what she wants in life right now. It totally freaks me out sometimes, but lately I'm starting to accept it almost? I don't know what exactly I am trying to say right now so I'm just blabbing. Sorry. I know marriage is going to be a hard thing, but I'm looking forward to the challenges that I will have with my husband. It will only make us that much stronger as a couple right? Anyways, those are just some of my random, not really making sense, thoughts of marriage.

So I'm assuming you all want to know some new stories about my adventures of being a nanny. Well I haven't had anything crazy happen like last week, but we did go to Writing-On-Stone on Friday. It was a beautiful day, especially for something like that because it wasn't too hot but not too cold, just absolutely perfect! So my cousins were up from Utah so they joined us on our journey. Everyone fell in love with Eli and how could you not?! He is just simply so cute! The older boy cousins just kind of took the boys under their wings and just played with them the entire day. It was nice to have a little break and fun for the boys to have some male bonding time? At one point Maxx got all fired up and hit my cousin Tanner right in the downstairs boy area. Tanner, apparently, taught Maxx a lesson to never do that again. I'm not quite sure what technique he used but it worked.

All this week Sam and Maxx are in a junior science camp at the U of L, so it's just going to be Eli and me all week! I'm really excited for it just to be us, and then the next week our family is making the trek down to Utah for our Whitehead family reunion! It's going to be a great couple of weeks!

Those are all the stories I have for today!
- Nanny Kels

4 comments:

  1. Kels. Enjoy your single-hood while its here. Although marriage is wonderful, its good to enjoy being on your own when you are. Maybe take this time to prepare for marriage, and not by going on a man-hunt, but improving yourself and working on things you enjoy. It will come before you know it. Marriage is an amazing thing, but it's also a lot of hard work. Find your best friend, because it makes marriage so much easier. I'm so excited to see what your future holds so just enjoy it because you are young... and yes I've been married for almost 3 years, but i was YOUNGGGG when i got married! ;) Lovesss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels! Live up YSA. A girl misses it...
    And a guy can't just walk right into your life and love you because they don't know how - it took Chance and year to ask me out... Over a text message... Literally took a year to press send. You're prince charming is out there! ;) I loved what Amie said about preparing yourself and enjoy being on your own. When you're ready... He will come into your life ;)
    And marriage is hard but worth it. Don't be scared. You'll be a great wife! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are just too freaking cute! Thanks for the advice and I shall do my best! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kels! Don't leave the single world yet! Come to calgary and lets go enjoy it together! I haven't played with you in a coons age!!

    ReplyDelete