Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yay for updates!

So I'm still living up the nickname of Slacker! Well here's a little update from me...

I have almost officially finished my first semester of the Practical Nursing program at the college. I had my first final on Monday and my last final is next Monday. I'm loving it! My clinical was great, I learned so much, and really loved spending time with the residents. It was great being able to talk with them because they had so much experience with life and what not. It was wonderful!

I turned 22 last week, and I honestly don't feel a day over 18. All of the girls in my nursing class thought I was turning 19, which made me feel pretty good! I love birthdays because as a family we have a big dinner and we go around the table and say good things about that person on their special day. So when it was my turn for that special dinner I felt pretty awesome! I just had one of the best days on my birthday which was good. Nothing spectacular happened it was just an all around great day.

Christmas is coming up and I love this season! It was really fun to help my mom get the house all decorated, we got to really bond over the many different nativity sets that we have. It has also been really great to reflect on how this year has been for me. Nothing too dramatic has happened, but I did get my butt in gear and figure out what career I want. I got to be a fun nanny for the Hironaka boys. I have met and have become friends with some amazing people. I gained a new sister at the beginning of September, and I couldn't be happier with the wife my brother married.

There is just something about this month that I love! Ever since December 1st, I have felt such a love for all the wonderful people in my life. I am so grateful for each and every one of them! I love being able to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Going to the live nativity every year has been such a great family tradition that I have grown to love and appreciate. I love singing the Christmas hymns at church, and I'm sad when it will end at the end of December. I just want to keep this "Christmas Spirit" all year long! I just love the way it feels, all warm and fuzzy!

Anyways, that's about it from me! I hope everyone has an amazing holiday and keep the Spirit of Christmas with them always!

With Love, Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. This blog post just warmed my heart so much. I freaking love you Kels!<3

    ReplyDelete